Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Life Lessons

Reading through the paper the other day I came across an article by Regina Brett who listed 45 life lessons.  There were a few that really stuck with me that I thought I would share.


  1. Life isn't fair but it's still good.

  2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

  3. It's okay to get angry with God.  He can take it.

  4. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up your present.

  5. Don't compare your life to others'.  You have no idea what their journey is all about.

  6. Overprepare, then go with the flow.

  7. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

  8. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick.  Your friends will.  Stay in touch.

  9. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

  10. Envy is a waste of time.  You already have all you need.

  11. Your children only get one childhood.  Make it memorable.


This one was my favorite...

12. Life isn't always tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

Happy Tuesday!



2 comments:

  1. thanks Jess.... Just what I needed today! It was great spending the weekend with you and Murr and Zach have a great week. We'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Love it! Especially #11. I've really been focusing on that as of late!!

    ReplyDelete