Sunday, August 30, 2009

What I am reading...

Sometimes when I am reading, a phrase just jumps out and grabs me because it is so meaningful to my life at the moment.  Right now I am reading 'My Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult.  In the book the father, Brian, is explaining parenthood.

"Parenting is really just a matter of tracking, of hoping your kids do not get so far ahead you can no longer see their next moves."

I think this is true if you have a toddler or a teenager.  You always seem to follow them around, steering them clear of danger but really just hoping and praying for the best.

Deep thoughts for a Sunday night I know.

Happy Sunday.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with school and the juggling :)) I hope it goes smoothly for all 3 of you. And I hope you'll still find time to post on the blog. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete