Monday, February 1, 2010

Ho Hum...

Well thank goodness January is over!  I don't know about you but I hate January it is cold and long and seems unending.

I recently joined a book club.  I usually have a book on the go and have always wanted to join one.  In the past couple of weeks the opportunity came up to join one(a little late) so I took up the challenge.  Since I am a little behind schedule I have been reading every spare second I have to try to finish the book before Fridays deadline.  With work, a busy almost 2 year old, and early pregnancy tiredness it has been a struggle.  I don't think the point of a book club is to stress you out whether you are going to get the book read on time or not.  But now that I am more than 3/4 finished I feel more confident about finishing on time, or I have enough read so that I can do a decent job of 'faking it'.  With that being said I am currently reading a book called "The Bishop's Man' by Linden MacIntyre.  At the beginning of one of the chapter's the author describes January like this;

"In January it becomes impossible to deter the reality of winter and her casual betrayals.  You feel that summer and her pretty sister, autumn, have gone perhaps forever.  There is that sense of personal abandonment.  That's when we turn inward, and hope to find some comfort there."

Truly this month there has not been much to blog about.  We have been hibernating.  Working, reading (me), studying (Murray), and working on a few house projects.

Now that its February we can look forward to our Disney vacation in 2 weeks.  I just pray that the weather there is decent, it doesn't have to be hot, just please be warm and sunny.  My family could use some vitamin D!

IMG_0336 

Zachary and I got up early one morning to watch the Olympic Torch make its way through town.  I didn't really know what to expect but as we watched the flame I couldn't help but get a little emotional, Olympic spirit or pregnancy hormones, you decide.

Happy Monday!



1 comment:

  1. This is the second place where I've seen that book mentioned. I may have to check it out! Our book club is reading "Baking Cakes in Kigali" this month. I loved it! Cool that you went to see the Torch relay. I remember taking our kids to Highway 2 near Ponoka in 1988 to see it pass by on the way to Calgary :))

    ReplyDelete