Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Life Lesson from an Almost 3 Year Old.

As the mom of a three years old I have a lot of fun teaching Zachary new things but every now and then he teaches me as well.


Last Monday, the boys and I went to the grocery store. It was close to naptime so I wanted to try to shop as quick as possible, before everything started to breakdown.  


Zachary started off in the big part of the cart (Elliott was in the front) but as the cart filled up with groceries he was starting to get squished and asked if he could get out.  I thought ok I guess you can get out (we only have 2 more things to get), he shouldn't slow me down too much.  As we approached the frozen food aisle I noticed that Zachary was starting to fall behind and had gotten lost in the floral department.  


Me (in a frustrated voice): Zachary what are you doing? 


Zachary: I am just stopping to smell the roses Mom.


Me (lost for words): Oh... ok then.


Too often we get lost in the everyday routine of life (me especially) its nice to be reminded to slow down and enjoy the moment a little more.  


Thanks Zachary for the reminder.


Happy Sunday!  


Hoping you get a chance to stop to smell the roses.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment