Saturday, September 1, 2007

Mystery Smell...No More!

I have been battling an awful smell in my car since Christmas.  Its like a musty ass smell.  I thought it was the mats so Murray and I took them out but that did not work.  Before my sister came out at Christmas time I was desperate and put a cherry air freshener in to try and cover the smell.  The first thing she said when she got in the car was "it smells like cherry farts in here". Hahaha



In the spring the smell got a little better but it was still there.  Two weeks ago Murray and I finally broke down and splurged for a detail job thinking steam cleaning the inside would help.  Murray drove my car home the next day and said it smelled great...I was so relieved.  When we got back from our camping trip, however, the smell had returned.



Finally, I tried Norwex Sportzyme which has a bioactive formula that is suppost to eliminate organic residue that causes odours.  3 days later the smell is finally gone!  I can't wait to try it on Murray's hockey equipment now.



Moral of the story:



Do not drink Milk To Go's in your car and if you do, do not let them spill on the carpet!  At least I think thats what the smell was?



4 comments:

  1. Ha...this is a funny story. I love that NORWEX stuff...it's all so great!
    Hope you are having a great long weekend. Have fun at school on Tuesday.
    kdh (on m's computer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super! Can I use this story? I shall also like to try it in our car. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to ride the world of the nasty mystery smells. i hope you have a good first week of school. i will try the NORWEX stinky spray on the hockey paraphenalia that will enter our house again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha thats so funny. congrats on finally getting the smell out. I have to say that your car was the worst smelling car I have ever been in! love you

    ReplyDelete