Saturday, September 22, 2007

One Big Step...

As a newly pregnant person I thought I would try to put off maternity clothes shopping for as long as I could.  Yesterday at work, however, I burst the top button on my dress pants and thought it was time I go shopping at least for some basics.



While in the mall yesterday, I walked past the maternity store 4 times and still could not work up the courage to go inside.  I called Murray on the verge of tears (hormones).  Murray simply said "you're probably not the first girl to cry outside of the maternity clothes store"  and this made me laugh.  So after my little pep talk I decided I had to 'just do it!'  The sales lady was very nice, after asking if she could help me (I must have looked very lost) I simply blurted out "I'm new at this."  She smiled and took me for a tour around the store.  The whole experience really was not that bad, once I got over the initial anxiety of it all.



Has anyone else had mixed emotions going into the maternity clothes store for the first time?



I'm telling you for me that was...One Big Step.



5 comments:

  1. No stores for me but preggy friends and trying on their BIG clothes. They were like moomoos not sleek and elegant like now. You shall look beautiful in anything. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked forward to prego clothes for baby number 1...not so much for baby number two. Try to have fun with it as it's a nice excuse for some new clothes. Congrats again. We are so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep.. I had the same anxiety.. its kind of one of those things that makes it really real.. you know.. like the first sonogram picture.. you know its real but when you have to start buying new clothes it kind of sinks in a little further.. and the maternity clothes they have now are so darn cute.. I am sure you found lots of great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est 2 has a 70% off sale. Not even a 1, 2 , 3 sale for the 70% off. You should go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you are going through- but there is some nice stuff out there- and once your belly gets bigger, you will want to show it off in the nice clothes! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete