Thursday, January 4, 2007

I'm Back...

A long absence from blogging I know but over the holidays it was so busy with so much going on (like most peoples holidays I am sure).  The visit with my sister and her boyfriend Josh was great, so thankful to have them here for the holidays.  We hosted Christmas dinner at our place for 16 people and even though the basement was not completely finished the dinner was a great success. a special thanks to those who helped out Sam, Josh, Mitch, and Jeanette.  I am not sure that Murray and I could have pulled it off without your assistance.  Boxing day was spent playing games over at my aunt's house organized by my ever creative cousin.  Joel and his wife created a mock version of The Amazing Race.  We paired up (even my Grandma and great aunt played), they had us solving word puzzles, piggy-back snowshoeing, melting blocks of ice with body heat, and even eating cat food! My cousin Lyndsay and her boyfriend Ross won the game.  Murray and I were eliminated  in the second  last round because neither of us could stomach the cat food.  What fun!  Thank you Joel and Sam.  New Years we spent with Curtis, Marci, and Nollie playing Curtis' Nintendo Wii, and going to a hall party.  Thank you to Pat and Nina for putting it on, you did a great job.
New Years Day we were sloths.  We spent the day watching movies and doing basically nothing, it was wonderful.  We are still struggling trying to get back to 'normal' life again.



Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas. Nothing better than spending time with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the lazy days of January and a new beginning. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete