Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ahhh September...

I love September.

Even though it means the end of summer is here and that makes me sad I have always loved September.  I love the cool evenings, watching the leaves change colour and of course my favorite thing...starting a new school year.

I think thats one of the reasons I became I teacher, I love going back to school.  The start of every year is always exciting with different challenges and rewards.  This is the first time I am not heading back to school with everyone else since I was 5 years old and I have to admit I am feeling a wee bit sad this September.  I miss it.

Then this morning I woke up and saw my husband cuddling with my son in our bed and I felt like this is where I need to be right now.  Although I am missing my students and teacher friends, school can wait for now.  I know my son will only be little for a short time.

Zachary and I have registered in a few classes this fall, just so we get that new starting feeling.  We will be swimming every week together and going to a new mommies group.  Should be fun.

Best wishes to everyone heading back to school this week.  Enjoy your year.



2 comments:

  1. After 20+ years of having school to look forward to, it's a change, isn't it? But you will soon be back and before too, too long you'll be walking your son to the door :)) Have fun with your classes and groups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful Mom! Zach and you shall have a great classes together. Love you.

    ReplyDelete