Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Big Boy Cowboy Room

The inspiration for the cowboy room came from the quilt on his bed.  One cow patch, one red wall, one wall with a denim faux finish and one wall with Pete and Pearl (Grandpa Terry's Horses) looking over the fence.

My Mom generously gave up her weekend to help me paint the room, together we probably spent 10 hours painting.  Our hearts were racing when we were ready to try the the faux finish because neither of us had done it before and we didn't know how it was going to turn out but it looks so great.  The pictures almost don't do it justice. My talented friend Jeanine came out today to paint the mural.  You never would have believed if even if you had seen it she whipped up this picture on the wall in an afternoon.   What an extremely talented girl!  Having her come out and paint was also a great excuse to spend some time catching up.  

The finished product.

IMG_1006

IMG_1007 

IMG_1008 

IMG_1009 

This wall won't look so bare once we get Zachary a dresser.  The change table/dresser we were using for him up until this point has moved to the baby's room.

IMG_1011 

Pete and Pearl.

Thanks to Mom and Jeanine, without their help my big plans would be just that plans...I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by talented people who help me change my plans into reality.

Oh and thanks to my husband too, who entertained my son most of the weekend so that we had uninterrupted time to paint.

Happy Wednesday!



6 comments: