Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5 o'clock insomnia...

DId you notice the time I posted this blog? Thats right 5:00 am!

I must be close to having this baby now because I have started to get a case of the pre-baby 5 am insomnia.

I remember this clearly from when I was pregnant with Zachary only because everyone I talked to about the baby would say 'get your rest now, everything will change when that baby comes'. I would try to rest as much as possible and generally sleep well until 5 am every single morning.  Then I just toss and turn, think, plan my day, read, or play on the computer for an hour or so until I feel tired enough to fall back asleep. The kicker this time around is having Zachary come into our room around 6:30 every morning to announce it is 'mornin' time, the sun waked up!' after what feels like moments after I have fallen back to sleep.

This time around I know how tired I am actually going to be when the new baby comes so it makes it just that much more frustrating when I am not sleeping at 5 am.  

Thank goodness for afternoon nap time! 

Happy Thursday!



2 comments:

  1. I woke up at 5am during all of my pregnancies too. I think our bodies are just prepping us for less sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can visit with me @ 5am .... it is quiet here :)

    ReplyDelete