Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I opted to have a baby later in the summer this time around mostly because I knew I wanted a little alone time with Zachary in the summer before our new baby made its arrival.  The past few weeks since school has finished we have been making the most of our time and have really enjoyed each others company.

I signed Zachary up for swimming lessons at the outdoor pool here in town, not because I wanted to go swimming with him everyday for two weeks at 9 months pregnant but because for the entire month of June Zachary has been talking about 'swimmin' lessons' since his friend next door has been going and I knew he would benefit from some consistent formal exposure to the water.  Lately he hasn't wanted to get his head wet or put his face in the water (which he used to love).  So far he seems to enjoy it (only when the weather is nice though).

We read lots of books.  I recently pulled out some books on tape that my mom saved from when I was a kid and Zachary seems to really enjoy those, very nostalgic for me (an idea I got from my friend Marci). Yes, that is Murray's old CD/cassette player in the background from when he was like 15, we are putting it to good use!


IMG_1408
 We spend lots of time outside, either at the park or in our backyard.  Zachary likes to help water the plants and recently got a new dinosaur pool that he just can't seem to get enough of. 


IMG_1362 

Look at that lovely garden in the background!


IMG_1380
  IMG_1346 

Even a camp out in the basement.  The tent has now turned into Zachary's clubhouse and you have to be a Disney Character to go inside.  Does my child watch too much Mickey Mouse on Disney channel?  Maybe.


IMG_1383
 Murray has mentioned that we should do a few more things with other kids so that Zachary can keep working on his social skills that he has developed at the day home, so we have a few play dates set up for next week. But I have to admit at this point I am a little reluctant to share him.

My house is not as clean as it could be and we are slow to check things off of our baby to-do list but right now we are just having a lot of fun.

Happy Friday!
  



1 comment:

  1. It's great that you guys are enjoying each other so much this summer. These are definitely special days when you don't have to share your time. I think Zach's going to love being a big brother :) You look marvelous! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete