Monday, October 2, 2006

A Happy 49 Years Together

Yesterday my family went out for supper to celebrate my Grandparent's 49th wedding anniversary.  Now, I didn't know them when they were first starting their lives together of course, but I would venture to say that they are just as in love, or maybe more, today than they were 49 years ago. I can't imagine that all 49 years were easy, in fact I know that they were not.  Raising three girls, balancing family and work, and still finding time to be with eachother did have its challenges, but my grandparents survived it all with faith and love.  They respect eachother deeply, trust eachother to no end, and to me are a shinning example of unconditional love.



Happy 49th Wedding Anniversary Gramma and Papa.  We love you.



P.S I would have had a picture to share except we forgot to put our memory card back into our camera, so sorry.



And to those who have visited this site and left comments thank you so much, your comments are so touching and they anyways brighten my day.



3 comments:

  1. I think it's always refreshing to see couples whose love has stood the test of time...particularly in a world in which many couples give up. My grandparents were married for 65 years prior to the passing of my grandpa, and their commitment to each other was truly inspirational. I know that you and Murray have that kind of commitment to each other and will be a great example to your kids, and your grandkids as to the way that love, faith and devotion towards each other can overcome all. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. 49 years.. thats awesome.. Happy Anniversary to them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to Paul and Denise. They are very special people who love and have loved each other. Love gets you through so much!

    ReplyDelete