Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Conflicted

The last few days I have been having some crazy anxiety.  I think I have figured out what the  problem is.



At 36 weeks pregnant I am tired, swollen and just plain ready to be done work. 



The problem is I really love my job! I love my kids.  I enjoy being at school.  Being a teacher has been such a big part of my identity for so long that when I think about starting my maternity leave I start to feel really anxious about the change.  I already know how to be a teacher and I really like that job.  Being a Mom is going to be new and challenging in different ways and I know I will love it too its just the unknown that has me worried.



I only have 2 and a half weeks left of work and I couldn't tell you if that makes me happy or sad. As the days pass by, the closer I get to starting my maternity leave, which means the end of work, but that also means I am getting closer I get to having our baby.  So these days I am just feeling conflicted.



3 comments:

  1. Jessica, you shall be a wonderful parent as you are a teacher. You shall always have that speciality in you. Going back to visit your students with new babe in arm, will bring joy and thankfulness to your students that they have encountered such a special person such as you. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jess just wanted to let you know how beautiful you looked yesterday at B's party.....glowing and radiant... and just a beautiful baby belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doin' girl? how are you feeling? as you near the end??

    ReplyDelete