Monday, September 25, 2006

The Big Two Five...

A week or so ago I had my 25th birthday.  It was great, my whole family went in on an amazing gift... a new mountain bike (organized by my husband).  Surprize! My first adult bike and it has been so fun!  Even though it was pouring with rain outside I just had to try it out.  I road my bike around the cresent with my neice and nephew as they shouted out with joy 'Chase me Auntie Jessica, Chase Me!"  What an amazing birthday memory.  Thank you everyone!



Normally birthdays come and go and I don't feel all that much different, however, this birthday (the 25th) felt different.  I had a chance to reflect back on my quarter of a century on this earth and although there are many times were I struggled and made mistakes, as a reflect now I feel overwhelmingly blessed.  I feel blessed to have met my soulmate so early in my life.  Blessed to be surrounded by our families because they support us and make us feel so loved.  Blessed for our good health. Blessed to have been able to achieve my goals, finish school, graduate from University, and  start a career that I love at a school I am thankful to teach at. Blessed to be living in this great country. Although I have struggled with my faith at times, I am in a place in my life now where I believe there must be a God, because for all the things that have gone wrong (or what I have thought to be wrong at the time) there has always been a larger plan revealed to me later and I am always truly thankful in the end.



  As I reflected on my 25 years there was two areas I felt I could improve on. My goal for the future and the next 25 years (God willing),is to focus on giving back.  More time spent with family and friends, more time giving back to our community, more volunteer work.  More time devoted to my faith and time spent at church and in prayer developing my spiritual self.



That's it from my corner of the world.



Enjoy your day!



P.S I will post a picture of the bike and us in the rain shortly.



5 comments:

  1. oops... happy belated birthday!! enjoy your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog! Brought a tear to my throat. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday sweet jess...so happy you are in my world

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that was really touching. YOu are such an amazing person jessica. And I miss you so much. Im glad that I have a sister like you. You encourage me everyday to become a better person and to belive in myself the way you have for yourself. I love you so much. I hope that your birthday was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great way to spend the next 25 years.. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete