Friday, September 1, 2006

What a week!

Murr and I came home from our vacation and hit the ground running as we like to say.  Neither of us were home before 8:30 any night this week (some times nine, ten, eleven... you get the picture).  Both busy at work.  I equate the first few weeks of school for a teacher to tax time for an accountant.  You have tight deadlines and everything comes at you all at once.



On the positive side I found the inspiration I was looking for this week...in the faces of my new grade one students of course.  As I was meeting them all for the first time I could see how nervous and excited they were for school and how eager and hopeful too.  It was so refreshing.  I thought to myself 'oh yeah this is why I love teaching.'  I can already tell it is going to be a great year.



Now do I spend the long weekend prepping and doing school work to take some of the pressure off for next week or do I spend it on the golf course?  That is the question.



Happy Long Weekend





3 comments:

  1. have a great long weekend..thanks for the fun time shopping with Grier

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are and always will be an amazing teacher. Have a wonderful year! Love you.

    ReplyDelete